The soldering iron is an indispensable tool for electronic production and electrical maintenance. When the mobile phone repairs and replaces the components on the circuit board, the soldering iron will not be tinned. What should be done at this time?
1. The soldering iron tip is not tinned. It may be because the use time is too long, which leads to the oxidation of the surface of the soldering iron copper head, which causes a layer of copper oxide to form on the surface, which hinders the tin. Treatment: The usual treatment method is to scrape off the copper oxide film with a knife to reveal the copper that is not oxidized by air. Then put it in a rosin box and rub it with tin, you can use it normally.But this method of removal is slow and incomplete. The drawback is that the copper head will become thinner and affect the heat transfer, causing the temperature to drop and even damage the copper head.
2, the electric iron is energized, the handle is held, the iron tip is put into the alcohol, and after 2 minutes, the oxide is completely removed, and the copper head is completely new. After a long time of use, the soldering iron tip is often not tinned. This is because the soldering iron is used for a long time to form copper oxide, which prevents the solder from sticking. The general treatment is to scrape off the surface of the copper oxide with a knife to expose the copper that is not oxidized. Then put it in the rosin and rub it, then stick the solder. However, the tip of the soldering iron will become thinner and thinner, and the cleaning will not be thorough, which will affect the use.
3, the soldering iron head is mostly made of copper, copper will react with oxygen in the air at high temperature to form black copper oxide (CuO), while copper oxide is not tinned. To handle the method of "burning" the soldering iron: heat the soldering iron to normal temperature, then rub the black copper oxide on the surface of the soldering iron with a trowel or sandpaper, then immediately smash the rosin, then you can hang the tin electric iron head. In the lead-free soldering process, the soldering iron tip may not be tinned. In this case, in addition to the quality problems of the soldering iron itself, we can also find the reasons from the other nine aspects:
Nine reasons for the non-stick tin of the electric ferrochrome:
1. If the temperature is too high, it is easy to cause severe oxidation of the soldering iron tip to the tin surface.
2. Do not eat tin on the surface of the tin before use.
3. Use incorrect or defective cleaning methods.
4. Use impure solder or wire break in the wire.
5. When the working temperature exceeds 350 ° C, and the welding is stopped for more than 1 hour, the amount of tin on the lead-free soldering iron tip is too small.
6, "dry burning" electric iron head, such as: the soldering station is not used, and the surface of the electric iron head is not tinned, it will cause the electric iron head to quickly oxidize.
7. The flux used is highly corrosive, causing rapid oxidation of the soldering iron tip.
8. Use a neutral active flux that does not often clean the oxide on the tip.
9. Exposure to organic materials such as plastics, lubricating oils or other compounds. The usual treatment.
The usual treatment:
A small knife is used to scrape off the oxide layer of the soldering iron tip to expose copper that is not oxidized by air. Then, put it in the rosin box and rub it with tin, then you can use it normally. But with this method
The cleaning is not thorough. At the same time, if it is scraped for a long time, the soldering iron tip will become thinner and affect heat transfer, resulting in temperature drop and even damage to the soldering iron tip.
The quick and efficient way to do this is:
Hold the electric iron handle and immerse the oxidized soldering iron in a container filled with alcohol. After 1 to 2 minutes, the oxide is completely and cleanly removed, and the soldering iron is completely new. this is
Because copper oxide and alcohol heat up, a chemical reaction occurs, and copper is reduced, which has no corrosive effect on the soldering iron tip.
the aticle edit by cxg tools